What is the Church Committee?
- We are an elected group of representatives
- We look after the administrational and advise the Vicar on the spiritual aspects of our church
- We acknowledge that this is best done through mutual support
- We have a legal responsibility to maintain and care for the church’s finances, building, electoral roll, and to implement the decisions of the Church in Wales Governing Body and Mission Area conference
- We therefore must communicate effectively between the Parish, Mission Area conference, and Diocesan conference
- We would like to spend more time discussing the mission and growth of the church
- We would do this through prayerful discernment of the long term and day to day vision of what God wishes us to do as a church,and to prayerfully reflect as we move forward
What can you expect from your church committee?
- That we seek God’s presence in all things and ask him to lead us through his Spirit
- We will prayerfully look to move our church forward in faith as we seek to become more Christ-like
- That all matters brought to the church council will be constructively and prayerfully discussed, with the aim to making a positive decision
- All relevant matters, especially those specifically requested from the congregation, will be communicated back to the necessary parties.
What sort of person does the church committee need?
- Someone over the age of 16 and on the Electoral Roll
- Someone who has the spiritual maturity to seek the presence of God in their lives, trusting in his Son and in his reconciling love, acknowledging their own imperfections
- Someone who feels called by God to nominate themselves for church leadership
- Someone willing to enter into prayerful discussion and come to a common mind